My work at CUP
My work at the Center for Urban Pedagogy (CUP)
These are illustrated guidebooks that break down complex land-use issues affecting community members. I co-wrote, edited, and produced these books of around 150 pages each.
- What Is Zoning?
- Shows how zoning shapes neighborhoods, blocks, and buildings in NYC.
- What Is ULURP?
- Explains how NYC’s land-use review process (ULURP) requires input from every level of city government.
- What Is Affordable Housing? (NYC edition)
- Lays out how affordable housing programs target different income levels, raising the perennial question: affordable for whom?
- What Is Affordable Housing? (Chicago edition)
- Once you understand how affordable housing works in NYC, you might want to check out Chicago as well.
These projects in CUP’s Making Policy Public (MPP) program cover a wide variety of social justice issues. I wrote, edited, and art-directed these pamphelts that fold out to large posters. (Roughly 2500 words each, plus graphics.)
- Not on our Watch!
- Get Support in Housing Court!
- What is a Public Charge?
- Yours to keep
- Is your home making you sick?
- Pinned Down? Rise Up!
- What You Need to Know about ACS
- A Fair Chance
- Your School, Your Choice!
- Welcome to Health Care!
- Pass It On!
- You Can Get Health Insurance in New York.
- Don’t Bank On It
- We care!
- What’s in the water?